While all surveys are performed looking for structure damage such as moisture in the deck and hull, delamination in the fiberglass, soft stringers, rotten transoms, leaking tanks, etc. most of the "findings" usually deal with safety related items.|
Is this your vessel?
Click here for a Survey Boarding Agreement / Work Order Document (PDF).
- Fire extinguishers have no inspection cards or are not current. Halon/Fe241/Co2 installed system does not have a current inspection card. Galley does not have readily accessible fire extinguisher.
- Navigation lights are not operable.
- Horn/sound device is not operable/or isn't even there.
- Carbon Monoxide detectors are unplugged, inoperable, or not there.
- Batteries are not securely mounted, and don't have covers/lids on the battery terminals.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter outlets are inoperable/not there.
- Wire nuts have been used in the vessel's wiring.
- Seacocks will either not close, are not there at all, or the vessel has gate valves for below water line thru hulls.
- Visual distress signals are expired.
- Inoperable bilge pumps, leaking rudder packing glands, cracked raw water hoses.